Business Development Manager
Full time • London/Remote (UK) • Competitive OTE plus equity
Work has changed in fundamental ways. We’re building tools to help companies embrace these changes and thrive.
We're building a new kind of employee management system designed to help People Ops, Finance, and IT teams operate collaboratively by using the best in class point solutions they want for their staff while maintaining a central record of employee data.
Our goal is to automate the full employee lifecycle by integrating deeply with other complementary solutions and turning complex manual processes (such as onboarding, offboarding, compensation management, and more) into simple workflows.
How do we get there? With the highest quality technology, beautiful design, and a relentless focus around customers and their experience.
Humaans is a startup with big ambitions, backed by amazing investors that worked with the fastest growing companies within the HR Tech category – more will be announced in the upcoming months. 🤫
We’re at the beginning of an exciting journey. You will join Humaans as one of the founding members of the team and help build the Sales function. You will be able to work closely with the founders Giovanni and Karolis, learn directly from our customers, and get involved with a variety of business challenges such as building up our outbound prospecting machine and lead generation engine, improving our sales funnel, converting inbound leads, and closing deals. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset and are looking to grow your career in sales, you will love being a core part of building a business from the ground up.
Your day to day
- Build up our outbound inside sales engine
- Identify, attract and engage with potential customers using a variety of channels – email, phone, social, chat, and more
- Assess mutual fit quickly while providing potential customers with a delightful experience
- Work closely with the founders to build pipeline and drive deals
- Build up knowledge about our product and its value to customers
- Collect insights and share with the Product team to help us build a better product solving real pain points for customers
- A few years of sales/business operations experience (ideally in SaaS)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Exceptional listening skills combined with the ability to empathise with potential customers and to distill information
- Methodological, highly organised and with a natural propensity to solve problems
- Curious, collaborative and eager to learn
- Highly motivated, ambitious, self-driven and not easily discouraged
What we offer
Early stage startups can be messy, and joining might feel like a gamble – we know that. We are putting effort in providing you with the best employee experience and a great work environment in exchange for trusting us.
- Competitive OTE
- Meaningful equity
- 25 days of paid time off per year, plus public holidays
- A brand new MacBook (or whatever equipment you need)
Our Commitment to Diversity
At Humaans we’re looking for genuinely good people that are transparent and emphatic. We’re committed to providing equal opportunities, a diverse and inclusive work environment, and ensuring a fair interview process for everyone. You’re welcome to apply no matter your gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
How to apply
We value high quality written communication. Drop us a short email at email@example.com that would stimulate our curiosity telling us why you want this job and why you would be great at this. No fluff. Want to stand out? Adding a 1 minute video could help. Please include a link to your LinkedIn profile.